The Old Convent House

Sneem, Co. Kerry

Visitors enjoy the old-world atmosphere of the Old Convent House, set in its own grounds on the estuary of a river. The house was built in the middle of the last century as a convent for the Presentation nuns, who taught in the local school until 1891. Since that time it has been in the hands of O'Sullivan family who have been careful to preserve the character of the house, while offering all modern comforts.

There are two lounges - one for reading or chatting to other guests, the other a very spacious lounge, and a conservatory. Guests are welcome to make use of the large gardens and there is access to the river. Fishing enthusiasts may take trips out on the Bay from Oysterbed Pier, and Sneem with its gaily painted houses is just a pleasant three-minute stroll away. Alice O'Sullivan is an enthusiastic walker and can provide walking maps and is happy to assist guests with walking itineraries.


Rooms 2 double, 2 twin, 2 family; all 5 en suite