Old Stone House

Cliddaun, Dingle, Co. Kerry

The Old Stone House was built in 1864 as a gentry farmhouse by Lord Ventry. It is in a lovely position set on three acres of land, stocked with ducks and chickens which provide the free-range eggs for breakfast. It has been lovingly restored by the present owners, Becky and Michael O'Connor. The three bedrooms are upstairs; two have antique brass and iron beds, and the other an interesting old wooden cot bed. The old kitchen, which was for years the main room where family and friends gathered, is now a cosy sitting room and dining area. On cooler evenings, a fire is lit in the old-fashioned stone fireplace, and guests gather round to chat or read books selected from the bookshelves. The house is tastefully decorated and furnished with simple country antique furniture. Guests have an opportunity to sail on Michael's 41-foot cutter sailboat, the Kimberly Laura. No pets. No smoking.

Owner: Becky and Michael O'Connor. Open: All year Rooms: 3 double